You can count on San Diego Community Living Services to:
* Honor your right to make decisions for yourself regarding your life.
* Ask permission before talking to anyone about you.
* Offer services in a timely manner and keep all appointments or give sufficient notice if we have to cancel.
* Treat you with respect and dignity and always ask for your input.
* Help you create your own goals that are practical and that our services will meet your needs and help you achieve your goals.
* Regularly review your goals with you so that you can make appropriate changes.
* Assist you with making decisions for yourself so that you can become your own self-advocate.
* Help you improve your overall quality of life.
The vision and mission of San Diego Community Living Services is to provide each participant with the highest level of support and assistance. Our services are designed to create an opportunity for participants to build a partnership with service providers and develop self-reliance. We believe that self-reliance allows participants to take charge of their services, choose who will provide supports, and make decisions about daily life issues, as well as the larger defining issues. This issue of choice is a recurring value in the development of all SDCLS services. We realize the value and necessity for participants to have a sense of control and dignity in their lives. SDCLS attempts to minimize the risks of full community participation by maintaining a strong presence in the lives of our participants. We have found that this system facilitates and encourages the development of relationships with neighbors, friends, coworkers, and other peers of our participants.