Independent Living Services
A program designed to help you prepare to live independently. The Independent Living Services program includes assistance with finding a place for you to live and training you with skills so that you are able to maintain your independent life. A San Diego Community Living Services instructor will support, counsel, and train you in your own home.
Skills emphasized range from:
- Money management
- Meal planning and preparation
- Shopping and accessing community resources
- Safety, health and household management
- Parenting education
- Budgeting, bill paying, financial management
- Social skills, relationship building
As independence with tasks increases, staff will help with other tasks as old goals and training for already learned skills are phased out.